Mr. Farkas, emphasizing civil business litigation, has engaged in oil and gas exploration, real estate investment and development, insurance, and a company which owns and operates a seat on the Chicago Board of Options Exchange. In his 41+ years since graduating from the UCLA School of Law, he has been a director and consultant to many public and private corporations, in telecommunications, semiconductors, real estate, insurance, banking, musical recordings, motion pictures, apparel, transportation, manufacturing and distribution.
Mr. Farkas has been a computer programmer and consultant since 1973, and continues with technology and computer issues in his law practice, with clients in the computer software and hardware industries. Mr. Farkas has also served as a mediator and as Judge Pro Tem in the Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and Culver City Courts.
In 1981, he formed the Law Offices of Richard D. Farkas, based in the Sherman Oaks area of Los Angeles, California, at Ventura and Sepulveda Boulevards. This practice is engaged in general civil, commercial and corporate litigation in all California State and Federal Courts, business planning, and insurance. The firm is actively involved in complex, multi-party business litigation, administrative proceedings throughout the United States, appeals, as well as wrongful termination and environmental litigation, business organization and commercial transactions.
• INDIVIDUALS: Contracting parties; business formation, strategy and maintenance; partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), corporations (private and public); investors and investment advisors; litigants in all California State and Federal Courts; attorneys in litigation or disciplinary proceedings; family law, marital agreements, dissolutions; wills, trusts, estates
• GENERAL BUSINESS: Negotiation, drafting of partnership agreements, formation and maintenance of limited liability companies, corporations; contracts, leases; employment, non-competition contracts, litigation; unfair business practice; real estate; retail stores, centers; food & beverage manufacturers, distributors
• LITIGATION: Litigation in State and Federal Courts; appeals before State, Federal Appellate Courts, United States Supreme Court; United States Tax Court; United States Bureau of Land Management; California State Bar Court; administrative law courts nation-wide; mediation, arbitration
INDUSTRIES: PUBLIC, PRIVATE CORPORATIONS
• BANKING: Banks, finance, mortgage companies; registered investment advisors; financial, banking assistance, litigation
• COMPUTERS, TECHNOLOGY: Publicly-traded integrated circuit designers and manufacturers and medical equipment companies; satellite communications; computer programmers and application ("app") developers, software, hardware designers, distributors, manufacturers; website designers, online music and content providers, solar, thermal energy; oil & gas; transportation technology
• MUSIC, ENTERTAINMENT: Performing and recording artists, Grammy award winners, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame winners; national, international record companies; entertainment financing; composers, publishers, book authors; motion picture, stage, television actors; stuntmen and stunt coordinators; producers; directors; choreographers
• INSURANCE: Insurance defense, claims; bad faith litigation, negotiation, appeals; administrative hearings nation-wide, insurance and annuity brokers and agents, licensing, reporting, governmental compliance
• REAL ESTATE: Developers, builders, contractors; national real estate consulting and advisory firms, lenders, financing companies; crowdfunding; realtors, landlords, tenants, brokers
• RESTAURANTS, FOOD & BEVERAGE: Restaurant formation, maintenance and licensing; private placements; compliance, leases, contracting; international food & beverage manufacturers, distributors; international bottled water distributors
• SPORTS: Professional baseball, football players and boxers; National and American league contestants, contracts, product licensing; Super Bowl ringholders; Hall of Fame managers, trainers, promoters, professional sports agents; gymnastics, swimming
• CLOTHING, APPAREL: Clothing and handbag designers; apparel manufacturers, retailers, and distributors; jewelers and jewelry designers